Are you a Jewish community or organization? We would like to invite you to join the International Dreidel Contest.
Objective and Conditions of Participation
The objective of the contest: maximum exposure for you and your organization’s hard work.
Who can participate? Shlichim and Jewish organizations in communities around the world (congregations, synagogues, schools, youth movements, student organizations, etc.)
The contest: Make a collage of pictures, showing your hard work in the community during the past year.
The collage should be glued on to cardboard/wood/plastic etc. in the shape of a dreidel (2D/3D). The dreidel must be at least 1×1 meter in size (about 40 inches).
In addition to the pictures, add your logo and the Straus-Amiel logo. The collage should also have the sentence:
______נס גדול היה ב written on it (put the name and location of your organization in your language)
- A minimum of 20 pictures
- Your logo as well as the Straus-Amiel logo
- The dreidel must be big and impressive – at least 1×1 meter (about 40 inches)
- The dreidel should be hung in a central location. Take a picture of representatives of the organization with the dreidel (you might want to have community members in the picture as well)
- Post the picture on Facebook and/or Instagram:- tag Straus-Amiel (@שטראוס-עמיאל / ברן-עמיאל) and add a hashtag # NesGadolOTSAmiel
- The picture must be posted by midnight (your local time) of the first night of Chanuka. Likes and shares can be collected until midnight of the fourth night of Chanuka – we will count the likes and shares on Thursday (12/6).
Scoring and Prizes
- 1st place – Shabaton with Rabbi Brander or Rabbi Birnbaum
- 2nd place – $500 for educational programing
- 3rd place – Rabbi Riskin’s books on the Parasha (English or Hebrew)
Ideas for a program
The project could and should include congregants/students etc. it might be a good idea to have it as part of a pre-Chanukah program.
The program can include all ages.
Hanging the dreidel in a central place will give you an opportunity to publicize your activities in the past year.
If you decide to make a 3D dreidel, you can fill it with chocolate coins (or anything else) and open it during a Chanukah party.